Monday, May 1, 2017

01/05/2017 Rubbish weather again.. Going through photos once more, and today it was Victoria Falls.

Maximum temperature 13C, minimum 5C. 24 kmh with 39 kmh gusts SW wind. Cloud, rain, hail and a little sun.  15 mm of rain measured this morning.
On 6 February this year, we took a trip from our hotel in Chobe to Kazungula in Botswana  There is no bridge, and all vehicles have to travel by ferry to Zambia. You can see the new bridge across the Zambezi river, which is now being built in the background.

It was raining when we got to Livingstone in Zambia. A drive by photo of the High Court.

Christelle, myself, Nigel and Patrick ready for a soaking from the spray.... the rain had stopped.

Mosi oa Tunya - The smoke that thunders...

Victoria Falls from the Zambian side...

You can see the spray from above the falls as well.

Some interesting points.

David Livingstone I presume.

Details of the bridge connecting Zambia and Zimbabwe.

The bridge over the Zambezi river.

Our driver took us over to Zimbabwe so we could walk back across the bridge.

Here we are walking across the bridge.

Variegated Skink (Trachylepis variegate) by the side of the track

In Livingstone, this baboon was obviously looking for scraps and decided to sit here and watch the world go by.  They are dangerous; do not feed them or try to touch!

12 comments:

  1. You can really see the British Colonial influence in the High Court building - and, I think it is safe to say that you guys are not going to win first prize in the best legs contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you are just jealous. Have a good week Diane

      Delete
  2. What an incredible experience that must have been. Thank you for sharing Diane, your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the falls several times before but never from the Zambian side, I think the view was in fact better from there than Zimbabwe. Glad you enjoyed this post. Keep safe Diane

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous photos, Diane! It was raining here today as well. In fact, there was a bolt of lightning and a very loud clap of thunder a couple of hours ago. It scared me and it scared my cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda I hate thunder and lightening close by, in big storms it can be very scary. Take care Diane

      Delete
  4. I am enjoying your photos. The waterfalls are amazing! I will be scared by the thunderous roar of the waterfalls! Nice photo of sculpture of David Livingstone and beautiful bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy there is nothing to be scared of, the sight is so beautiful that you do not really notice the noise. Certainly one of the wonders of the world. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  5. WOW! The falls were really flowing strong. This is so on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A place you have to go to but make sure they have had some rain first or it will be a disappointment. To me it has always been magical and this is the first time I have seen it from the Zambian side which I think is better then from Zimbabwe. Diane

      Delete
  6. Hi Diane - thanks for linking across to this for me after my post on the completed Kazungula Bridge - I'll add the link to my post. I think you're right ... the viewing etc is better from the Zim side ... but that was where the Victoria Falls settlement established itself for the bridge - less travelling for the construction materials to be brought up. Excellent photos here ...cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to see it especially as you grandfather was involved. Thanks for linking it. Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!