Sunday, June 25, 2017

25/06/2017 Saturday's drive today as catching up and nothing much happening today!!

Maximum temperature 26C  minimum 11C.  9 km/h NW winds. Dry.

 We had a planned route to go to Busserolles, a small town in the Dordogne, but due to a deviation that totally put us out, we went through many places that we have never been to before.  Sadly I took no photos on the drive as I was getting too much reflection off the windscreen.  We did though finally end up in Busserolles and here are some of the photos I took there.
Our first stop on arrival was to have a drink at the pub/restaurant, very friendly owner fluent in French, Dutch and English....

Here is the well in the centre of town after which the pub is named - bombed by a friendly mastiff :-).

Loved some of the signs in the pub...

as above...

as above...

This painting is on another wall in the pub, of the town....

as above only a bit closer in the photo...

Unusual downstairs door into the 12th century church  Saint-Martial...

Inside...

as above...

and looking up. The Church was registered as an historic monument 
18 December 1958. 

I loved this old house and was fascinated by the chimney decoration...

and the doorway.

Farmers everywhere were working hard in the fields before next weeks promised rain which we need so badly.  Nigel stopped for me to take this photo so no reflection!

I hope to do a full post on Busserolles on My Life in the Charente 2 very soon.

8 comments:

  1. I love the pub facade, Diane, and the owner sounds very nice. And I am sure it comes in handy being trilingual, too! The Mastiff is sweet! I love the house that you photographed as well! How beautiful! I really enjoy your posts and photos, Diane. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pretty little town and appears to be generally very friendly. The mastiff was in the pub playing with a toy ice cream cone. Despite the fact that he looked like he was greying a bit around his mouth he was still very playful. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  2. The Last Pub sign has a distinctly Aussie flavour to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with that especially as there is a kangaroo at the bottom :-) Take care Diane

      Delete
  3. Pretty stone building where the bar is. When a boss of a bar or restaurant is friendly, it makes the meal more enjoyable. The caption of the mastiff makes me smile, I like how they decorated the well with hanging pots of flowers. I love the front and the doorway of the old house. Have a beautiful day and enjoy your tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many beautiful stone buildings in France, sadly a lot of new houses that do not sit the pattern as well! Hope all is well with you Diane

      Delete
  4. The old buildings have so much more character and atmosphere than the modern ones. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree wholeheartedly with that comment., and far better built. Have a great week Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!