Tuesday, February 20, 2018

20/02/2018 Join us on a drive to Angouleme on another grey and dreary day.

Maximum temperature today 10C, minimum 6C.  3 mm of rain measured last night but drizzling all day again. North Easterly chilly winds; 22 km/h with up to 43 km/h gusts. 

All photos have been made a little brighter as it was really very grey with light drizzle on and off.
I have put this wall painting on the blog many times before, but it is the first thing we see entering into the tunnel before Angouleme.  I just love it.

In the tunnel and then...

sharp right just after; up this very narrow road...

tight squeeze past the parked van, the side mirror was very close!

Underground parking.  We collected some new duvets that we had ordered.  The old ones we gave to the homeless charity.

Then on to the Thai market which I love.  We were short of time though so no chance to browse and fill the trolley, only bought what was on the list! 

This old house which I thought had lots of character was opposite the Thai market.

On the road again. Good to see full size trees on a roundabout in the middle of a built up area...

We passed this little outside market...

Note the well pruned trees, they are a bit harsh here in France, but the trees seem to thrive...

Past the old Massey Ferguson depot...

Angouleme centre up on the hill.  The dark coloured building behind the tree is the very large enclosed market...

Crossing over the Charente river. Apologies for the windscreen mark....

and stopping at our favourite restaurant for lunch and a glass of wine 👍

Looking up at the building next door...

Heading back home past Eglise Saint Cybard Saint Yrieix, a roman catholic church...

Trucks hogging both lanes of traffic!!!!

Nearly back home, this is the new pallet factory that has been recently finished just out of town...

The last photos I put on while building was in progress was in October last year
Note all the wood piled up on the left.



If you should be interested after an 18 month break from my blog 'My Life Before the Charente'  I have at last added a new post 😊

20 comments:

  1. So much in this post. A Thai market sounds great! That building went up quickly! It was a gray day! Let’s hope the sun comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too easy to spend money in the Thai market so it was good that we were short on time :-) We have a glimmer of blue sky this morning!! Have a good day Diane

      Delete
  2. Oh I really LOVE that first building! That is totally cool. And the shot in the tunnel. Cool pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love that first building very impressive bit of art. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't really find them they just happen to be along the route we drive :-) Have a good day Diane.

      Delete
  4. I know you've shared that mural before but it's amazing. A Thai market would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Thai market is a fabulous place, but if I have the time I can spend a lot of money there :-)))) Have a good day Diane

      Delete
  5. Hi Diane, I enjoy following along with you on your ride! Wonderful ride and interesting scenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy glad that you enjoy these virtual trips with us. Have a good day Diane

      Delete
  6. It's good to be out and about with you Diane, just wish we could have joined you for lunch ☺ Hopefully this is a sign that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, I feel fine but the cough does not change and gets me down! I also wish you could have joined us for lunch :-).. Have a good day Diane

      Delete
  7. I never, ever tire of seeing the places you're surrounded by. Such a difference there from here, Diane. Beautiful buildings! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear that you do not tire of similar photos but yes very different here to there! I hope that all is well, do take care Diane

      Delete
  8. Ooh, that is a fantastic motion shot moving through the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried often in that tunnel and this is the first reasonable shot I have ever got!! Cheers Diane

      Delete
  9. Its nice to see where you go. It sure looks grey though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wettest winter on record!!!! Today we had some blue sky - very rare at the moment :-))))) T'other Diane

      Delete
  10. Hi Diane. Such grey weather would leave me in a permanently grey mood. Lovely photos though, as always. Take care, Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree Kim, it does nothing for moods of the two of us I must say. A very rare wet winter!! Enjoy Durban :-) Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!