The maximum temperature in the Charente today is 25⁰C; the minimum tonight is 15⁰C! 8km/h ESE winds with 19km/h gusts. 6mm of rain last night was very welcome. The garden is going to take some time to recover from the very long 3½ months' heatwave. It is very burnt!
Thistles in the neighbour's garden. Very pretty while in flower, but the seeds and the thorns are blowing everywhere now!!
Spiny plumeless thistle (Carduus acanthoides). Le Chardon faux-acanthe.
Western Green Lizard (Lacerta bilineata). Lézard vert occidental.
I used to often see these in the garden, but they have not been around for a number of years now, so I was delighted to this one.
BeeFly (Bombylius cruciatus) Grand bombyle.
Essex Skipper (Thymelicus lineola) L'Hespérie du dactyle.
In America, it is known as the European skipper...
As above...
Eurasian Jay (Garrulus glandarius) Le Geai des chênes.
Bath White or Green Marbled White (Pontia daplidice). La Piéride du réséda.
Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus) La Mésange bleue. Trying to cool off in the continuous high temperatures.
As above, a youngster looking on.
Painted Lady, or Thistle Butterfly (Vanessa cardui) La Belle-Dame.
Scarce swallowtail (Iphiclides podalirius) Le Flambé...
As above.
Mallow skipper, Grey Skipper, or Alcea Skipper (Carcharodus alceae). La Grisette ou Hespérie de l'alcée...
As above...
As above.
Loved this sunset, I could 'see' so many 'creatures' in the clouds.
Common Blue Butterfly (Polyommatus icarus) L’Argus bleu, Azuré commun, Azuré de la Bugrane ou Petit Bleu commun.
Large White (Pieris brassicae) La Piéride du chou...
As above.
Common Mallow or wood mallow (Malva sylvestris) La Grande Mauve.




















Your macro animal shots are always so amazing! That lizard looks super cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie for the kind comment. I love these green lizards so I was delighted to see one again after so long. I hope all is well with you Diane
DeleteGorgeous shots. I especially love the photo of the Western Green Lizard.
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam. The green lizard is very special, I love them. Not sure why I have not seen one for so long but this seems to be a one off! Cheers Diane
Delete