Wednesday, June 14, 2017

14/06/2017 A visit to Chasseneuil to get my hair cut.

Maximum temperature 29C, minimum 16C. 7 kmh NE wind.  3mm measured from last night.
Last time I showed you this new factory was 29 April Things seem to be moving slowly to me, but it is a huge area. Apologies for the light changes, I did not have my wide angle lens with me.

Lots of poppies by the sides of the roads.

I was early so I took a walk around the car park...

The archway is covered in various creepers...

Climbing rose,

Honeysuckle...

Wisteria and others.

On the other corner is one of the wooden carvings surrounded by many shrubs...

I recognised St John's-wort...

But this one I did not know.

The railway station on the other-side is not used as such anymore and it has been restored into flats.
  
Next to it is the local hotel...

and then this gateway.

Just beyond, there are some new shops, sadly the old second hand shop that was there closed down.

On the other-side of the car park is my hairdresser.

Wheat fields driving back home.

10 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things to see, Diane! I feel as though I took this walk with you! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty area when the flowers are all blooming. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't mind taking a walk in a car park if it is filled with all those pretty flowers. Good idea to convert the railway station into flats to make use of existing building. That is a pretty gateway and you forgot to post a photo of your haircut. Lol! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair never looks that good when I leave as it is still wet. I only have a cut and than let it just dry. I was delighted to see the restoration on the station. It is a lovely building and it had looked derelict for a number of years. Good to see it in use. Take care Diane

      Delete
  3. You manage to find beauty in a car park. A photographer's eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really very pretty at the moment even to someone who does not take photos. Hope all is well. T'other Diane

      Delete
  4. what a beautiful part of the world you live in Diane. Lovely photos. The poppies look like they are paper flowers! Have a great weekend. It is a long one in SA, tomorrow, Friday June 16 is Youth Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful place particularly in the country areas away from the big towns. Have a good day tomorrow and enjoy the break. Diane

      Delete
  5. I think that the next time you repeat this visit to the hairdresser you should consider it your bounden duty to take a selfie of your wet coiffure and post it for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry not possible. We both have old Nokia phones that we carry for emergencies only. They have no idea what the internet is, or what a camera is, so selfies do not happen in our world. We have absolutely no need for a cell phone here. We have discussed it and cannot see the point. We usually only carry the phones if one goes out without the other. Have a good day Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!