Friday, August 11, 2017

11/08/2017 A walk to the next hamlet and what I saw along the way.

Maximum temperature 22C, minimum 12C.   9 km/h NW wind with 28 km/h gusts.  15 mm rain measured.
The first thing I see as I leave the house and walk around the corner is our neighbour's barn.

I just love these chicory flowers that are everywhere at the moment.

Clover flowers.

Bladder campion or maidenstears (Silene vulgaris).

Daisy with a fly.

Gatekeeper butterfly, female.

Gatekeeper butterfly, male.

Raspberries.

A rose bud peeking through a fence.

Rose hips.

It this a fungus growing on a rose plant?

Cuckoo Pint seeds.  A member of the Arum family and poisonous.

Thistle....

and another thistle with a bumble bee.

 Large Yellow Rest Harrow

Wisteria.

For those that might be interested, I have started my blog on our South African holiday earlier this year.

17 comments:

  1. Super shots! Love the variety of color in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks Denise, I do love the wold flowers that grow along the road side. Take care Diane

      Delete
  2. Does anyone still use chicory to make coffee? It was certainly available when I was younger but I can't recall having seen it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen chicory in the shops (not that long ago) but I am not sure if it was here or in the UK. Something I would not look for normally as I hated it!! Hope you have a great weekend Diane

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ThanksPam, comment appreciated. Happy weekend Diane

      Delete
  4. Do you use a filter on your camera lens? I was just looking at a new camera today and the shop attendant was suggesting I purchase a UV filter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have had a UV filter on the camera since the day I bought it. Happy weekend Diane

      Delete
  5. Beautiful series. You take great photos. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy for the kind comment. Have a good Sunday. Diane

      Delete
  6. I got a chuckle out of the look of and name of the Bladder campion!

    The fungus on a rose, is a fungus. :-( But it is pretty too. :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder how they come up with names like bladder campion but I guess it is similar!!! There is a lot of that fungus around, I have never seen it before we came to France,
      Have a great day Diane

      Delete
  7. Diane, your photos always bring me much joy! Beautiful scenes, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted that I can bring a little joy into your life, especially at the moment when things are a little difficult for you. Take care Diane

      Delete
  8. Yum!! Fresh raspberries!!! Great photos. I am enjoying catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both love raspberries but sadly the pips do not agree with me. Nigel is very good he makes lots of raspberry coulis for me :-) Have a good week Diane

      Delete
  9. So many beautiful flowers along your walk. You capture them so clearly. I love raspberries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!