Wednesday, March 28, 2018

28/03/2018 Rain, rain and more rain, really getting fed up with it now!

Maximum temperature today 11C, minimum 6C.   17 mm of rain measured in the last two days; 11 km/h North Westerly winds with up to 33 km/h gusts. 
Rain all day today and forecast for the rest of the week - again!!
Total so far this year now 382 mm.

It was in fact dry over the weekend, so despite the grass being wet, we decided to get out and cut it as it was getting far too long.  What happens but a flat tyre 15 minutes into cutting.  Managed to get the wheel off and take it to the tyre shop.  They said to come back later!  Tyre eventually replaced and sorted  by just after 5pm.  Luckily the evenings are a bit lighter and I got the grass cut just as it started raining again.  The bags were there for protection as we were not sure when the rain would start!

Looking much more sensible although I cut higher than normal.

Tuesday I had an appointment with the physio for my back,  this is what the weather looked like approaching Massiganc...

entering the town...

driving through...

the lavoir (old wash place) with the church in the background.

Driving back home!

Today I had an appointment to get my hair cut, photo taken from the car...

and inside.  Thank goodness I only have a cut and do not have it styled.  It would have been soggy in minutes 😞

Across the road they were replacing the tiles on this roof and they were working there, I saw them on the roof  in the rain when I left the hairdresser!!

By the railway track; I opened my car window to take this shot of the forsythia.  There are many of them along the fence line and look fabulous with intermittent red robin shrubs.


16 comments:

  1. I think we can only draw the conclusion that you have all led thorughly wicked lives and need to be cleansed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if that is the case the whole of France is wicked!! Take are Diane

      Delete
  2. Love that eighth photo, Diane. The forsythia here are a long way from blooming I fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are splashes of yellow everywhere at the moment and a lot of red robin so it is quite colourful. Spring must arrive there soon :-) Take care Diane.

      Delete
  3. I love rain, Diane. It is so helpful for the land. Beautiful photos. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love rain, but we have had too much of a good thing this year and the crops are going to suffer! Diane

      Delete
  4. Oh dear-oh dear!
    I am with you on the rainy weather.... we've really had enough, unfortunately that's how spring here is usually.
    I hope you are doing well and that you do not have bad news from SA....
    Just got back from my father's in Sologne and preparing to leave again for Catalonia in Spain!
    Not sure I will have much luck since it rained a lot too there :(
    Keep well the both of you and enjoy your week end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe trip to Spain and I hope that you will find some good spots to take photos despite the weather! No bad news and will know nothing more to the next check up. Hope that you have a good weekend and that the rain takes a break for you. It is not just spring rain it has been almost continuous since the beginning of the year!! Warm hugs Diane

      Delete
  5. Hello!:) I felt that I was sitting in the car with you!:) It's raining heavily here too, and the forecast is for more rain. Love the splash of colour in your last photo. Happy Easter to you.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the visit, not sure if you noticed that I also have a bird blog. Have a good weekend Diane

      Delete
  6. Oh dear that really is a lot of rain Diane.. it does make for some beautiful moody images though 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both really fed up now with grey skies and a muddy garden!!! I agree it makes for good photos but..... Cheers Diane

      Delete
  7. Hi Diane. What a shame the bleak, grey skies and rain are back. We have been having a lot of rain in KZN as well. Midmar dam is overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One sunny day is about all we have had since Christmas. It is making us moody and miserable as well!! Take care Diane

      Delete
  8. I relish rain in the desert but after several days the dreary gray gets old. We haven't even planted the forsythias yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three months of this weather is a bit much and very unusual. By the time you plant ours will be over !! Take care Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!