Tuesday, July 17, 2018

17/07/18 Photos from the garden today,

Maximum temperature today 26C, minimum 16C.  7mm rain measured yesterday; 13 km/h North-westerly winds with up to 33 km/h gusts. 

Still working on the weeks holiday photos!!

Poppy after a light shower of rain....

with a bumblebee...

and a few more.

The mixed flower garden.

Cornflower.

Not sure what this is but it was from a mixed seed packet.

Echeveria flower still in bud.

My favourite in the garden at present - 'Star Gazer' that was given to me a number of years back by our French neighbour.

A closer look.



N.B. My bird blog is updated  HERE 


Part 17 of the birds seen in Africa.

19 comments:

  1. The poppies are gorgeous; in fact all the blooms are terrific, and I have no doubt that they appreciated the rain. We had a downpour here too last night and it was badly needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very dry again here now and watering! Strange weather. Take care Diane

      Delete
  2. A beautiful summery blog post. Love the macro shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, the car reading yesterday was 36C but I alwasy prefer too hot to too cold! T'other Diane

      Delete
  3. Glorious summer! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Simply gorgeous, Diane!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks Sally, I do love poppies. Takce care Diane

      Delete
  5. Oh la! The poppies are glorious Diane, the red really pops! You really have got macro down to a fine art, j'adore 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the camera has macro down to a fine art :-))))) Take care Diane

      Delete
  6. Flowers to brighten the day. I love the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love poppies, very cheerful. Enjoy your day, Diane

      Delete
  7. Oh those petals are just so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like thin crepe paper, beautiful. Cheers Diane

      Delete
  8. Love the stunning dark red poppy flowers! I like the little buds too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very beautiful I agree. Happy day Diane

      Delete
  9. Love the mixed flower garden colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!