Friday, December 2, 2016

02/12/16 Around and about

Maximum temperature 12C, minimum -2C. 26km/h NE wind.  Frost this morning but no rain.
Winter wheat stretching across in the distance.

Tree full of mistletoe.

Mistletoe close up

Common buzzard.

A rare green fern, most are already brown and dormant waiting for spring.

A very Christmas like fir tree.

On someones gate post - the gardening duck :)

Yet another inquisitive sheep!

There are a lot of old tractors still at work in this area.

Red Admiral looking a little the worse for wear but amazing seeing them in December.

The rose is still surviving despite this mornings frost.

Not sure what this is, I have blown up the flower and added to the corner in case someone should recognise it.

10 comments:

  1. I had to back peddle through your posts to catch up. Lovely photos of your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I also need to back peddle occasionally as I get behind myself from time to time :) T'other Diane

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love all the beauty here, Diane! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you had a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, sorry no animals gone on today 3/12, too much on today and tomorrow with luncheons!! It is that sort of season!! Hope you have a great weekend Diane

      Delete
  3. First time I see a mistletoe up close even in a picture. I like the inquisitive sheep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could show you something different :-) Have a great day Diane

      Delete
  4. Love the gardening duck. Is mistletoe considered an invasive parasite there? It wipes out the oak in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaelyn but I really cannot answer you question. It seems to invade certain trees but I have never seen it in oak here. There is though quite a bit of it around. I would say that ivy here is a far bigger problem then mistletoe. Keep well Diane

      Delete
  5. I hope you kissed your husband under the mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I walk alone and there was none in reach that I could bring home :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!