Sunday, June 10, 2018

10/06/2018 Still trying to catch up.

Maximum temperature today 24C, minimum 16C.    Rainfall, 20 mm last night; 9 km/h South Westerly winds with up to 27 km/h gusts.
Total rainfall since 1st January; 626 mm.  Storms forecast for today and the next couple of days

Happy Birthday Mum.  She would have been 103 today.

Our arrival in Rhodesia 1953. My brother David 1936-1957, my father, myself and my Mum.

Ladybird in the garden...

Bee...

Speckled wood butterfly (Pararge aegeria).

Bee on the cotoneaster.

Last week we tried out a new restaurant in Marcillac-Lanville called Les Nymphéas...

We arrived early so I took this photo inside before the place filled up.  
Five courses with wine for €13.50.  I will not show you all the courses, I don't want you all to be feeling very hungry 😉

Walking around the town afterwards, this is the Mairie...

the local pub...

the boulangerie...

Watering point...

The hairdresser...

and this mural outside a small shop.  There were two cars parked in front so I had to make a sort of collage so you could see it all in one.  Catching the big fish.




N.B. My bird blog is updated  HERE 


Part 12 of the birds I saw last year in Africa.

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful series of photos Diane. I especially love your vintage family photos. The restaurant meals sounds wonderful and very reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, it was a really good meal, and a pretty run to go there as well, so we will return :-) Cheers Diane

      Delete
  2. Your brother had a very short life, Diane. I am sure this was a tragedy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still miss him David, he was my very best friend despite the 6 year age gap. Car accident, he had just turned 21. Cheers Diane

      Delete
  3. Such COOL places. You know I love seeing your home country! I love seeing that you folks paint on the buildings. I love bldg art, street art....heck I love ART! haha Happy bday to your mom in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love art but not crazy about modern art, I like painting to look like something real!!. I am sure that Mum is up there in heaven looking down on what I am up to :-) Take care Pam. Diane

      Delete
  4. Love those villages you feature Diane.

    Your Mum was lovely. Your brother had such a short life. It must have been a tragic loss in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. I still miss my brother and being the end of the famlily line, with no chidren of my own, makes it even more difficult. But; what ever will be will be. Take care Diane

      Delete
  5. Awesome series of photos! Though sad about your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks so much for the visit and the comment. Thanks for the thoughts as well. Diane

      Delete
  6. Your mother was a beautiful woman. The watering point fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old watering points are lovely, there are quite a few around. Take care Diane

      Delete
  7. Delightful series of photos Diane, particularly enjoyed the old photos but all are very interesting and fun to look through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, I love all our old photos and it is great that many are dated. Take care Diane

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful picture of your mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was very special but then I am biased :-) Cheers Diane

      Delete
  9. I know you miss your family, Diane. Life is difficult sometimes, but as we both know we have to soldier on. You're a good soldier. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always a good soldier :-) Take care Diane xox

      Delete
  10. You look much like your mother. Interesting facelifts on some of those buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!