Monday, December 21, 2020

21/12/2020 Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas and a much improved 2021.

   Maximum temperature here today 14⁰C, minimum 6⁰C.  3 mm of rain measured this morning but it has been raining all day.  23km/h North-westerly winds with gusts up to 46 km/h.   The freeze arrives on Christmas day.  Temperatures drop and frost arrives.

I had intended doing another blog before this one, but time caught up with me, and the speed of the WiFi just got worse.  I hope it will improve in the New Year but I do not have much hope.  I have picked one photo from each month of 2020, thankfully COVID has not as yet killed off my photos.  Probably not the best photos as far as photography goes, but the ones I like from each month
12.2 km walked yesterday the best ever!

14/01/2020 A sunset that looked like a fireworks display.

03/02/2020 Snow drops appear in the garden.

21/03/2020 Blossom and insects start to appear.  Mirabelle blossom and hoverflies.

11/04/2020 Butterflies are very visible out on my walks. Orange Tip butterflies  
(Anthocharis cardamines).  Male on the left and the female under the leaf.

25/05/2020 Lots of Damselflies around. Beautiful demoiselle Male (Calopteryx virgo).

09/06/2020 I just liked this shot of the Wall Lizard (Podarcis Muralis) eying up the hornet (Vespa crabro). They both finally decided to go in opposite directions!

04/07/2020 Happy and smiling Sunflowers.

16/08/2020 Lesser purple emperor, female butterfly (Apatura ilia).

11/09/2020 Small Copper (Lycaena phlaeas).

18/10/2020 Hummingbird hawk-moth (Macroglossum stellatarum).

14/11/2020 One of our neighbour's little ponies, they have four, and none of them are higher than my waist.

16/12/2020 What else but a Robin for Christmas. (Erithacus rubecula).

Happy Christmas 

Gesëende Kersfees

Nginifisela inhlanhla ne mpumelelo e nyakeni

Nadolig Llawen

Nollaig Shona Dhuit

Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur

Buone Feste Natalizie

Feliz Natal

Feliz Navidad!

God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt Ar

Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan

 Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun

 Kung Ho Hsin Hsi. Ching Chi Shen Tan

Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Sawadee Pee Mai

Gajan Kristnaskon

Froehliche Weihnachten

Kala Christouyenna

Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova.

Vrolijk Kerstmis en een Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar

See you all in 2021 I hope.

See also my


Joining up with My Corner of the World.


17 comments:

  1. All the photos are amazing but the first one is fantastic, what an gorgeous sunset.
    Thank you for your wishes and In spite of everything, I also wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, full of health, love and peace.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I will not be the only one, Diane, to assure you that your photographs are all quite outstanding. Your work with insects is nothing short of amazing at times. With the relentless slowdown of your WiFi I feel it is just a matter of time before you revert back to a chisel and a stone tablet! In the meantime all the very best from Miriam and me. Maybe 2021 will be a great year for all of us, although starting out with a mutant form of COVID is not what we had hoped for. Take good care. All the best to Nigel too. With love from Ontario. David

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to pick favourites but I think the first one will be my choice (not that I need to make one, lol). I had a lot of trouble preparing posting my last blog post so if you had blogger issues on top of slow Wi-Fi I can well understand how frustrating that must be. All the very best of the season to you and Nigel. I hope to read from you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful retrospective, Diane. Every one is a gem!

    In spite of the severe constraints, I hope that you both have a wonderful Christmas.

    Take great care - it's getting even sillier out there - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little horse. Wishing you a Christmas filled with the beauty and warmth of the holiday season. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crumpets Diane - wonderful selection of Christmas wishes from around the world. Beautiful selection of monthly photos - gorgeous to see ... all the best to you ... and we'll see what the year ahead gives us for starters!! Cheers - the Brits need it?! ... enjoy yourselves - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selamat Natal Merry Christmas for you and your family 🕯️✨🌲🌟.
    Thank you for the lovely pictures for Christmas gifts this year.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky looks amazing, so much drama.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography is always great but that first photo of the sunset is especially beautiful. Wishing the two of you a healthy and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prachtig. Ik hou van die mooie hemel.
    Ik wens je alle goed voor 2021

    ReplyDelete
  11. There might not be any fireworks this year but nature is certainly putting on a show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo's, Diane. You always amaze me. :)

    I hope you and Nigel had as nice a Christmas as possible, and wish you both a Happy New Year.
    At least we can hope it will be better.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful 12 photos for each month of year 2020! The first and pony photos are my favourites. Wishing you and yours all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!!! Loving those beautiful pics. Oh and the sky...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great shots!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous photos Diane! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey dear! Loved your post and allready followed your blog, i want invite you to visit and follow my blog back <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!