Friday, June 29, 2018

29/06/2018 In the garden.

Maximum temperature today 29C, minimum 18C.   Dry; 12 km/h North Easterly winds with up to 31 km/h gusts. 

Bee on the lavender...

As above.

Meadow brown (Maniola jurtina).

Hoverfly on the potato flowers.

As above.

Hummingbird Hawk-moth (Macroglossum stellatarum)...

As above...

As above...

As above.

What I believe to be a noctuid moth but I am not sure which one.

I have a few photos ready from 'around and about' that I will try to put on the blog tomorrow if time allows.  We are away on Sunday 1 July to the following Sunday, and out of WiFi contact, so I hope to be back blogging around the 9th or 10th of July.  Meanwhile, all take care and enjoy the following week



N.B. My bird blog is updated  HERE 

Part 13 of the birds seen in Africa.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's; I love the purple!

    Hope your time away will be a good one, Diane.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the break Diane. That hawk moth is quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Hummingbird Hawkmoth is quite incredible. I have only ever seen one of them. Enjoy your time away, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. always yours pictures are wonderful Diane, look beautiful. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh you got some great pictures of the hummingbird moth. That is not an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous macro shots. You must have a steady hand. Have fun on your trip away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. some wonderful photos. I've never seen of nor heard of the hummingbird hawk moth. Very interesting. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time I ever saw a hummingbird moth was many years ago sitting on the deck one evening. I had moon vine growing up the side of the deck and it came by...I thought I was seeing things, I had NEVER knew about them. Later I had one of my butterfly bush, which reminds me I don't remember when I lost that bush. Might need to invest in another one. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!