Tuesday, July 25, 2017

25/07/2017 Another trip around the garden and a different butterfly today!

Maximum temperature 25C, minimum 13C.   17 km/h NW winds with 27 km/h gusts. Dry
Clouded Yellow (I think) (Colias crocea) There are two of them very similar!!

Large White (Pieris brassicae)

The same Gatekeeper as yesterday, the damaged wing is easily identifiable. (Pyronia tithonus)

Well camouflaged - a little hopper!

Shield bug (Syromastes rhombeus) (I think)

Lots of pollen in the pumpkin flowers... Bee.

Calendula and unknown bug.

Banded snail.

Young butternut.

Medlars.

Quinces.

I cannot remember which apple this was, but it was an English apple!!

Granny-smith.

6 comments:

  1. I never cease to be amazed at the variety of insects you are able to photograph in your garden. It must be a little journey of discovery every time you step outside. And some of the pictures are quite remarkable. Great job, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha David I find something new in the garden almost every time I go out there and I love it. Thanks for the kind comment Diane

      Delete
  2. Beautiful critters from your garden. You have a very fruitful garden and you have green fingers. The fruits look so healthy and juicy! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy the garden grows well here now, the first few years was not so good but with plenty of digging and manure we seem to be able to grow most things now. Have a good day Diane

      Delete
  3. That little hopper looks cartoonish with its eyes crossed. Seeing all you insects reminds me of Joan's bug posts, which I miss. I'm slowly catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also miss Joan's posts but I use her blog for identification especially with the South African photos of bugs. Don't think I will ever catch up!! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!