Sunday, December 16, 2018

16/12/2018 Happy Christmas

Maximum temperature today 12C, minimum 6C (we had -2C yesterday).  11mm rain measured this morning; 29km/h South-westerly winds 15 km/h with gusts up to 39 km/h.   

Total rain so far this year of 987mm. Last years total rain for the year was 739 mm!  We will miss the next two weeks of rainfall but I am sure it is going to be well over 1000mm for this year.

Photos through the year that were some of my favourites.  

January -Early lambs.

February - Great tit (Parus major).

March - Japanese quince blossom

April - Tulip.

May - Dragonfly (Broad-body Chaser) on the sage.

June - Common Wall Lizard (podarcis muralis).

July - Dragonfly - Scarlet Darter.

August - Californian poppy and hoverfly.

September - A Common Blue butterfly that took a liking to Nigel.

October - Cosmos and bumble bee.

November - Sunset.

December - European robin (Erithacus rubecula).

I would like to wish all my followers who celebrate Christmas the very best over the holidays!

We are away as from tomorrow until the beginning of February.  If I have time to take photos and also blog I will, but I have my doubts, meanwhile...

Take care everyone; see you all after the holidays



Joyeux Noel

Happy Christmas 

Gesëende Kersfees

Nginifisela inhlanhla ne mpumelelo e nyakeni

Nadolig Llawen

Nollaig Shona Dhuit

Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur

Buone Feste Natalizie

Feliz Natal

Feliz Navidad!

God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt Ar

Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan

 Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun

 Kung Ho Hsin Hsi. Ching Chi Shen Tan

Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Sawadee Pee Mai

Gajan Kristnaskon

Froehliche Weihnachten

Kala Christouyenna!

Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova.

สุขสันต์วันหยุด

Selamat bercuti.

节日快乐

I am sure that I have omitted many languages, but I have tried :)


I have updated my bird blog HERE.


20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Merry Christmas to you and Nigel.

    We will miss you, but understand.

    Gorgeous photo's as always, Diane.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Diane. They are absolutely beautiful. I wish you and Nigel a very safe journey and a wonderful visit with FIL. Hugs and blessings of the season to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Nigel, Diane. Stay well and don’t catch colds in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful holiday. Lovely photos, I had to look up the hoverfly. We call yellow hoverflies here, "good news bees".

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful collection of memories for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent close-ups and the sunset is gorgeous! Have a safe trip and a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy and blessed Christmas to you and love ones. We will miss you during your blogging break. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Looking forward to your photos and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lambs, we had many sheep and lambs when I was growing up on the farm. Bottle fed a few since mom wouldn't feed them for whatever reason. Friendly cute little guys like those above! All the pics are great, but the cosmos is outstanding, awesome photo, Diane! My fave garden flour.

    Have a great time while you're gone, Merry Christmas to you and Nigel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas. Hope all is well in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Diane you know how I love all yours pictures ! Thanks.
    Merry Christmas and have a nice time , hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. All great shots but so hard to pick a fave from all that you have done. Great photos all yr round. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Selamat Hari Natal, Diana (means Merry Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every month is a beautiful photo. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed the pleasant stroll through the months. Beautiful photography! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely photos and what a great idea for an end of year post!

    Wishing you and your family a year of health and happiness!🎆🎄🎍

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought I'd left a comment on this post, Diane! Sorry!! That's a wonderful year of images that you're showing us.

    I hope your Christmas went well and wish you and Nigel all the best for 2019. Take good care - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, better late then never, at least I have a bit more time to reply than I did when I first put up the post!! Christmas was very quiet but we did have a roast goose which appeared to be appreciated. New year we slept through - we were both very tired! Looking forward to your 2019 posts. Hope it is a healthy year for us all Diane

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and pass a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I try to reply to each and every one. All comments are verification free but will come to me for approval first :-)) PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO YOUR OWN WEB ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
No anonymous Users!